Part Time Retail Associate
We’re looking for a highly motivated, organized and friendly cocktail enthusiast to join our team this Holiday Season! Our ideal candidate has a strong affinity for spirits, mixology, and education. This person should be outgoing with a self-starter mentality and an ability to adapt to a flexible schedule. Must be at least 21 yrs of age, retail experience is preferred, weekend availability is a must. To apply, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Assisting in merchandising, display, and organization of selling floor/stock areas
- Processing payments, customer refunds or charge issues
- Ability to multitask in a fast moving, high volume environment
- Developing accurate, thorough product knowledge and ability to communicate to the customer
- Maintains a professional attitude to customers, peers, and management
- Professional Telephone Etiquette
- Develops working knowledge of limitations and/or requirements in accordance with PA liquor laws
- Ability to stay current with product offerings, menu contents, events and promotions
- Ability to work as part of the team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Support event programming and education through staff trainings, industry events, and collaborations
- Daily cleaning duties, including sweeping and dusting
*Physical demands of the job: This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, standing for at least two consecutive hrs, detailed cleaning tasks which may occasionally involve kneeling, crouching, the use of tools and climbing a ladder.
About Art in the Age
The Art in the Age Tasting Room and Home Bar Supply is the workshop and testing ground for Quaker City Mercantile, and the only place you can taste the company’s newest innovations. With a curated lineup of unique local spirits, Art in the Age is a one-stop-shop for the home bartender and industry professional.
The shop stocks cocktail books, bar tools, mixers, bitters, and glassware. We also host a variety of events, including educational workshops, tastings, book releases, and home mixology training.